Friday, March 27, 2015

New Toy

I always found it frustrating to be working with an automated limit of ~90Kz from my 192 sound card since the good stuff, particularly with SUT's always seems to happens above 100kHz. 

 

I have seen the Velleman pcsgu250 with its claims of Bode plots to 1mHz for some time and asked about experiences on a number of forums with no response.  I finally sent $150 to newegg last year and procured one.  Flash forward several months and i took some time to rewrite my excel macro's to import the data and I must say I am quite happy with the results.  Sure it is no Audio Precision but it is a million times better than manually entering 100 sets of coordinates per trace on the test bench.

2 comments:

  1. Damn you! After reading this post I bought a used one and checked my last power amp which I thought is coming closer to "finished" just to find a massive dip in the frequency response...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive