Friday, September 13, 2019

THE horn loudspeaker reference book

.



their official blurb:

Bjørn Kolbrek and Thomas Dunker announce the launch of a new website on the occasion of publishing "High-Quality Horn Loudspeaker Systems". As of September 12, 2019,  www.hornspeakersystems.info should be the first stop for updated information on the book release and for background information and resources related to the book and the research behind it.

but here is what I have to tell you... this is THE book... I have seen snippets... discussed a few of the findings.. the level of research is deep and wide... the curation is incredible... and the layout is clean and easy to comprehend... yes, they are my friends, but seriously, if you care about high fidelity music reproduction, you will snag this book the instant it becomes available.. (Amazon or AES NYC)....

something like five hundred pages of history - like Bell Labs classified technical papers that have never been published... several hundred of theory - Bjorn is the king (no offense, Dunker).... and a couple hundred on application - something these Vikings are extremely good at... so yeah... a THOUSAND pages.... wanna be freaked out?  here is a link to the Table of Contents...

I already know a few of the secrets within and cannot wait to read the rest... not much building will get done this October and November... but lots of work will get done after reading... motivation!

I am proud to be their friend and very proud of them!... sincere thanks for putting in the work....

peace,
me


4 comments:

  1. Great googlie mooglie the table of contents is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Jeffrey, Thanks for the head-up on this book. Considering how many years horns have been used both professionally and by consumer/hifi folks, the only publications I have come across tend to be highly technical horn theory pieces or white paper publications that mostly fly over my head and probably most lay people. This looks like it could be the first comprehensive overview for a broader audience. Cant wait to get my hands on one. Best to you and yours, Jay Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled to report that my daughter & son-in-law got me a copy of this book for Christmas! I am psyched; and I have this blog to thank for my/our even being aware of it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive