ECM - Sounds and Silence Travels With Manfred Eicher (2011) - "Some people have invented products and concepts that have revolutionized the world. Some have devoted their lives to helping others, while some have con...
Friday, March 19, 2010
The Blue Flame....
I know that Dave will get onto me for the onslaught of pictures, but I can't help it. When I fired this one up, I was taken...
I mean, it looks like it is on fire, right?
I got lost in those streams of electrons.. you can trace them from the filament to the plate.. see the lighter and darker streams?
And then there is the filament itself....
I can't leave it a total tease. Here she is in the daylight. Once again, a nod to Western Electric. Even their globe shapes are just slightly different than all the others...
- ► 2017 (19)
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (119)
- Forget those plastic USB coffee warmers....
- 304TH for size and scale reference...
- Houston we have sound.
- New From The Emia Mint.
- Why I refuse to fly with my husband
- From the Stash.... Sparton/Cardon 484/485
- Preparing for Progress...
- The Blue Flame....
- The ugly, the bad and the good.
- We have overlooked something....
- Speedy Delivery!
- The real reasons we go to vegas.
- Origins of the Inductive Volume Control
- Flashing Copper.
- x-ray tubes
- So I promised I wouldn't....
- Ghost bunny has respect.
- a fellow Western Electric junkie...
- 103 Cocktails.
- Whoever heard of the *304TH*?.
- ▼ March (21)