Retro Hi-Fi Girl Friday - http://www.itishifi.com
Friday, March 19, 2010
The Blue Flame....
I know that Dave will get onto me for the onslaught of pictures, but I can't help it. When I fired this one up, I was taken...
I mean, it looks like it is on fire, right?
I got lost in those streams of electrons.. you can trace them from the filament to the plate.. see the lighter and darker streams?
And then there is the filament itself....
I can't leave it a total tease. Here she is in the daylight. Once again, a nod to Western Electric. Even their globe shapes are just slightly different than all the others...
- ► 2017 (20)
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (119)
- Forget those plastic USB coffee warmers....
- 304TH for size and scale reference...
- Houston we have sound.
- New From The Emia Mint.
- Why I refuse to fly with my husband
- From the Stash.... Sparton/Cardon 484/485
- Preparing for Progress...
- The Blue Flame....
- The ugly, the bad and the good.
- We have overlooked something....
- Speedy Delivery!
- The real reasons we go to vegas.
- Origins of the Inductive Volume Control
- Flashing Copper.
- x-ray tubes
- So I promised I wouldn't....
- Ghost bunny has respect.
- a fellow Western Electric junkie...
- 103 Cocktails.
- Whoever heard of the *304TH*?.
- ▼ March (21)