Monday, April 11, 2011

Hamfest 2011...

.


I took the day off Saturday... well, most of it.. it was great.. Hamfest in the morning and a nice long bicycle ride with JP in the afternoon... back to taxes Saturday night, but thankfully, as of noon today, those are done as well.. whew... I do not mind paying my taxes, but compiling my shop into an Excel spreadsheet is a royal pain!

so... what did I get? not as crazy as last year... but a few cool things..

The above RCA tube caddy is one I have wanted for a long while. Of course I dig the black and white with red handle, but I also love it because it is metal.... and that RCA lightning logo... yummy...



I also picked up some Eimac transmitting tubes. You can click the above photo for a full resolution picture. It is too cool how they shipped these.










and then this fabulous little mini mono system.. are these Kahn colors or what?


it is half of the famed HF81.. same circuit, just mono... it cleaned up really well with just a damp cloth.. these pictures are before clean up...


inside was a a full compliment of Mullard and Telefunken...


the design is from the classic era.. very much the style of Marantz and modern Shindo... it sounds sweet...


and the phono stage is based on this telefunken 12ax7....

1 comment:

  1. That tube carrier is the same method I used to drop an egg off the top of the gymnasium in 7th grade science class. It works, especially when you put it in a paper bag to provide extra wind resistance and limit the terminal velocity (I'm sure I said 'terminal velocity' in 7th grade...).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive