Monday, April 4, 2011

More crates moving....

.

Another run of Lowther Field Coils is done... here is the crate all loaded into Bessie (when you have had a car this long, they deserve a name)...

Some crating pictures.... Note that on these you have to suspend the magnet. Thirty pound motor versus a few grams of paper cone is not a battle - it is a massacre! Therefore these have a BIG 1/2 13 bolt in the back... lock it to the sub-chassis... then the sub-chassis floats on four to six inches of foam and peanuts...





and I snapped this shot just around the corner from my house on the way to the shipper... I wish I could blog what these beauties smell like.. absolutely amazing.. the entire block smells like perfume... wisteria.. grows very fast.. loves sunshine... and smells just incredible... I guess there are some things about the South I really do love...


Me

2 comments:

  1. Smells great, will take down a small building!
    Mats wonders what is in the middle of the cones.
    Nice box too,

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I figured you knew about wisteria.. a lot of pruning work, but I think worth it...

    Mats, those went to a guy who had phase plugs already (Nelson Pass)... so what you see is just a brass insert that phase plugs screw into... it is brass because we needed something non-magnetic to keep the magnetic field exactly where and how we wanted it...

    I miss you guys!

    Me

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive