All About the Reflex Enclosure - Part 2 - P.G.A.H. Voigt - This is part 2 of a series by the legendary Voigt. http://www.itishifi.com
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Origin of Species: Eleven Horns....
so I have known fellow horn junkie Victor Sierra for a while now... just swapping email as junkies do about horns... drivers... tubes.. transformers... and, of course, music... eventually he asked about the horn I had been using for upper mids... I had been turning lots of different flares in my shop... but he was a long time tractrix man... I zipped the fast flare Le Cleac'h profile off to him.. I think it was about two weeks before I got the call.. you know the one.. giant leap in the evolutionary chain... he was now walking erect... his only question: "Can you send the profile for the big midrange?"
so we are now a team... the horns depicted here are approximately one meter diameter... the top is for a compression driver.. below is for a field coil Lowther...
- ► 2017 (20)
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (119)
- Quads and Plinths
- Lemon Lulu
- keeping things in the family...
- Peht Mak Mak...
- Inductive Volume Controls...
- Strain on my Brain.
- Dude! A *local* score.....
- Ver Halen finally picked a tube....
- Origin of Species: Eleven Horns....
- I nominate NFS audio for the Al Stiefel Legacy roo...
- Horn envy... Audio Magazine, April 1954
- I hate that Yellow Dog.
- Sporting the Blue Bling....
- Sometimes you need to break some eggs.
- Two arms are better than one
- Another one bites the dust.
- Spanish Sketches.
- ▼ January (18)