Friday, September 24, 2010

Big Nickel in da House!

The friendly neighborhood UPS man dropped this on my steps while I was out getting dog food this afternoon.  Inside each of those boxes is 25 pounds of big nickel lamination.  !/2 of it is 49% and the other half is 80%.  The 49% makes a wonderful full range 8W output transformer for say a 300B and the 80% will do a glorious full range 3W for say a 2A43, 45 or 50!


In order to keep my limited space under control I try to keep it so when something new comes in, something old needs to go out.  Since I have been craving this big nickle for about 5 years, some hard choices needed to be made.




100+ pounds by Large Flat Rate Box.


~70 pounds by padded envelope


I still needed another 80 pounds and realizing I  Also have another 30 pounds of small 80% on the way made my decision doubly tough.   Should I use the box or padded envelope approach?

 


Since I believe the USPS has pretty strict rules about shipping Jedi warriors, the padded evvelope approach wins... Now where did I but those contractor bags?

2 comments:

  1. Dude!! I think I might be more excited about this than you! I can't wait to get ears on some heavy metal...

    and you better not send that yellow dog to me... or the cat...

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. have patience, dave may be "out" for a while after CPS gets ahold of him...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive