Monday, January 3, 2011

Other things accomplished over the new year.

With the way the world economies are going, I suggest investing in gold.  Pictured above is approximately $2000 worth of pure gold cleverly hidden on the top of a headshell to protect it from thieving hands.

Unfortunately, given the 10:1 weight ratio from the counterweight to the headshell, another $20K of gold was required to keep things balanced.


As most of you know, I am a big fan of the RS labs arm.  In playing with a new cartridge, I found it interesting that we ended up with a similar geometry from a more "traditional" arm. 




It was a fun few days of playing with lots of cool toys and all kidding aside I consider myself very lucky to have so many great friends in audio.

1 comment:

  1. Hiding gold in yr HiFi, "Brilliant". Nobody steals stereos anymore.

    PP

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive