Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mystery Horn Identified


A few posts down I found a horn that I was unsure of its intended use.  Walter pointed me to a similar horn and it all came together.  I was puzzled by the flat top and back and that the mounting flange didn't form a full circle to couple to the driver.



I now know the reason and I had everything upsidedown, because it wasn't meant to couple to a driver but to the above the surface parts of a victrola.


picture borrowed from lovehateadvertising.com

I have never really paid much attention to victrolas and from afar I just assumed those louvers were shelves to store your78"s

I guess you learn something new every day.

dave

4 comments:

  1. I see a Victrola machining project in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Dave, left me high and dry. But. I guess since I didn't say victrola it didn't matter, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nick.... i took old record player as something you plug in and not something you crank up.

    dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. I was just joking around. I though about writing victrola but I could remember if it was a specific brand. Hey I was just jazzed I was right. What diameter is the throat on it? Now you just need to find another one, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive