Friday, February 5, 2010

Good Times, Bad Times....

you know I've had my share...

to follow along the song title theme of dave's Another One Bites the Dust, this post will be Zeppelin.. Good Times, Bad Times... unfortunately, the bad times portion is just like dave's.. and another one down:

that one hurt... it was the STC (Western Electric of England) equivalent of one of my favorite transmitting tubes... so sad to see something this wonderful die due to poor packaging...

BUT... there is a good times portion to this as well... more blue bling arrived.. and they are beautiful.. the proper blue.. not the deathly purple blue...



and it gets even better... remember that Aa that I love so much? the Valvo is a perfect globe.. sounds wonderful.. no complaints... but look at these Seimens beauties that just landed:



I can't wait to try these in the amp... and then they are going in my strain gauge stage.. they will drop in place of the 841/VT51 with only a filament voltage change.... I can't think of a better way to spend a cold, rainy weekend.. spinning records... through an all DHT system...

Peace,
Me

2 comments:

  1. those do look nice! Gotta love the V-fil RCA 866s too - that's my favorite 866, visually.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive