Friday, March 19, 2010

The Blue Flame....


I know that Dave will get onto me for the onslaught of pictures, but I can't help it. When I fired this one up, I was taken...


I mean, it looks like it is on fire, right?


I got lost in those streams of electrons.. you can trace them from the filament to the plate.. see the lighter and darker streams?


And then there is the filament itself....


I can't leave it a total tease. Here she is in the daylight. Once again, a nod to Western Electric. Even their globe shapes are just slightly different than all the others...

Peace,
Me

3 comments:

  1. Cool, which W/E Mercury rectifier is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.westernelectric.com/spec_sheets/249B.pdf

    :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. gotta love the WE 249B. I need some more of those. Want to trade? I use them (along with 323A/287A) in a power supply I built for the 101D-205D amp.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive